Hit & Run CrashesHit and run crashes injure and kill both drivers and pedestrians every day. In these cases, the wrongdoer breaks the law by not stopping or by leaving the scene. Even in cases where you and the police do not know the name of the wrongdoer, call your attorney as soon as possible because you are still probably entitled to compensation under Florida law.

Were You Forced Off the Road by Another Driver?

Even if a car runs you off the road and flees the scene, you may still be able to obtain significant compensation. A “hit and run” accident also occurs when a "phantom vehicle" runs you off the road - even if your car was not hit. The same is true if another driver causes you to swerve out-of-control and hit another car.

If you were in a hit and run accident, report the crime right away to police and get the names of any witnesses as well as their phone numbers and addresses. Police officers will follow-up with the witnesses to try and determine the identity of the driver.

A hit and run crash does not mean that you will not be compenstated for your injuries. I can often recover compensation for you through an unisured motorist claim.
John Mordecai

What to Do If You Are the Victim of a Hit and Run Car Accident:

  • Call the police to the scene immediately.
  • To the best of your ability, provide the police with a detailed description of the vehicle(s) and any information you recall about the driver of the vehicle(s). Make sure it is written down and included in the police report.
  • Seek medical care.
  • All witnesses to the hit and run car accident should be identified, contact information collected and their witness statements included in the police report.
  • If possible, document the accident with photographs. Most cell phones have cameras which will allow you to document the scene.
  • As soon as possible after the accident, write a detailed account of your recollection of the events and circumstances leading up to the accident. Recall as much detail as possible. Do not share your notes with anyone except your lawyer.
  • Call your lawyer.

Don’t let your right to compensation be delayed or diminished. You deserve an experienced and respected attorney to work for you. Get the SKILL, KNOWLEDGE and HEART we bring to every case. Get peace of mind. Call now: (904) 355-3109.

We represent clients in cities throughout Florida including Jacksonville, Atlantic Beach, Callahan, Fernandina, Fernandina Beach, Green Cove Springs, Hilliard, Lake City, Macclenny, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra Beach, Middleburg, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Yulee, and throughout Duval County, Baker County, Alaucha County, Bradford County, Union County, Clay County, Columbia County, Flagler County, Nassau County and St. Johns County.

John S. Mordecai, P.A.
400 East Duval Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Phone: (904) 355-3109
Fax: (904) 355-0402

John Mordecai Facebook    John Mordecai LinkeIn


John S. Mordecai, P.A.

Copyright © 2024 • All Rights Reserved
Design By Ocean Web Design